Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our last day in Vermont

We had a short but wonderful visit with my Dad and Barb! We got to have lunch with Aunt Jeanette, visit my mother's grave site and drive up through Smuggler's Notch.
My Dad and Barb at Smuggler's Notch

We found out some interesting history while we were at Smuggler's Notch. My Grandmother Warren (my Dad's mother) used to work at a hotel in the notch. She spent the summer there, taking care of people. Can you imagine..taking a horse drawn carriage up through the mountain notch to the grouping of homes that was a summer hotel? How romantic! These hotel is no longer there but there is a lovely spring.
Here we are- Dave, David and me

My father has been very busy in Vermont. Not only has he renovated their home, built a shed, but he has also built a stone wall AND just finished a beautiful gazebo. I am so proud of everything he does! He and Barb have such a great time together. Can't wait to visit again!
The Gazebo

Dad's stone wall